- incredibly long crosscountry train ride AU
- police procedural AU
- bookstore AU
- reluctant teammates that save the world together AU
- platonic living together AU
- lawyers AU
- stuck-in-an-airport-because-the-flights-were-SO-VERY-delayed-and-it’s-like-two-am AU
- sent to live with cousins AU
- pretending to be siblings because of reasons AU
- teaming up to rescue respective abducted children AU
- pseudo-adopting-the-runaway-i-ran-into AU
- forget high school students AU i want a high school teachers AU
- law school AU
HERE HAVE SOME MORE
- on the same college tour AU
- trapped in a bank during a robbery AU
- forced to share a table at the coffee shop a couple days in a row because crowded coffee shop and no room AU
- DOCTORS AU
- medical school AU
- ride the same bus together literally every day AU
- vet clinic AU
- 'i'm pretending to be ur bff bc u looked VERY uncomfortable with that person at the bar hitting on u' AU
- college professors AU
- on a train together and the train is stopped in the middle of nowhere for some reason AU
is it okay if I add some
- met at a ren faire AU
- sat next to each other on a roller coaster AU
- got locked out of dorm room AU
- camping in the same area AU
- hurricane during a beach trip AU
- met at a card game competition AU
- kids go to the same school AU
- little kids getting way too caught up in make-believe AU
- got involved in a heated game of Smash Bros. at a con AU
- cosplayed as the same character AU
hello yes here’s more
- snowed in AU
- lives alone in the woods by a waterfall and finds a confused lost person walking around AU
- fighting a squirrel AU
- finding a puppy on the side of the road AU
- asthma attack without the inhaler in the middle of the night and the other one sings to calm them down AU
- spy AU
- con artists AU
- grew up as best friends but you got hot over the summer can i touch ur biceps AU
- war prisoner/captor who lets them go but they want to stay AU
- scared of flying AU
- x-men with powers of fire and ice AU
- your dog likes my dog you should date me or something idk i mean it’s only appropriate AU
- photograper/actor AU
- repairman AU
- strip club AU
- surfer AU
- private security AU
Norah Jones - New York City
"I am not ignoring you or your messages. I’m just a lazy shit." says every roleplayer ever.
- "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
- "Drop. Your. Sword."
- "Life is pain, _____. Anybody who says otherwise is selling something."
- "I am not left handed."
- "As you wish."
- "I wasn’t worried. Maybe I was a little bit concerned, but that’s not the same thing."
- "You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."
- "Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."
- "Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today."
- "Have fun storming the castle."
- "There’s a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours."
- "Is very strange. I have been in the revenge business so long, now that it’s over, I don’t know what to do with the rest of my life."
- "Have you ever considered piracy?"
- "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."
- "Good night, _____. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning."
- "You’re trying to kidnap what I’ve rightfully stolen."
- "You seem a decent fellow… I hate to kill you."
- "You seem a decent fellow… I hate to die."
- "You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."
- "Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don’t think they exist."
- "You can die slowly, cut into a thousand pieces."
- "You killed my love."
- "It’s possible. I kill a lot of people."
- "I’ve hired you to help me start a war. It’s an prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition."
- "No one would surrender to the Dread Pirate _____."
- "I got married. I didn’t want to - it all happened so fast."
- "Then you’re not married. You didn’t say it; you didn’t do it."
- "Is this a kissing book?"
- "A word, my lady/lord. We are but poor, lost circus performers. Is there a village nearby?"
- "I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife/husband to murder and _____ to frame for it; I’m swamped."
- "There’s a big difference between mostly dead and all dead."
- "Yes, you’re very smart. Shut up."
- "Please consider me as an alternative to suicide."
- "There will be blood tonight!"
- "That is the sound of ultimate suffering."
- "Look, I don’t mean to be rude but this is not as easy as it looks, so I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t distract me."
- "I challenge you to a battle of wits."
- "You mean, you’ll put down your rock and I’ll put down my sword, and we’ll try and kill each other like civilized people?"
- "Thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you’re at it, why don’t you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?"
- "She/He is alive, or was an hour ago. If she/he is otherwise when I find her/him I shall be very put out."
- "You can die too for all I care!"
- "So I’m here till I die?"
- "I can cope with torture."
- "I fight gangs for local charities and stuff."
- "That was a warning, _____. Next time my hand flies on its own. Where I come from, there are penalties when a woman/man lies."
- "I will never love again."
- "You mocked me once, never do it again! I died that day!"
- "To the Pain means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever."
- "Never go in against a ____ when death is on the line!"
- "We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
- "They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder."
- "I would as soon destroy a stained-glass window as an artist like yourself."
- "I just work for ____ to pay the bills."
- "It’s not my fault I’m the biggest and the strongest. I don’t even exercise."
- "I believe everything to be a trap. It’s the reason I’m still alive."
- "Stop saying that!"
He smirked at her answer. It was a good one, dripping with sarcasm. He had to admit, when she wasn’t killing him she was kind of fun to be around. Even though she hated him. Especially since she hated him.
Hector Rodriguez was a problem, yes indeed, but in Lin’s defense his partner had taken something rather important from him. Something he had yet to get back. But with the way things were going that wasn’t so important now, was it? Especially now since he might have a chance to show his good grace to Miss Piper - a friend of theirs. Now… that could definitely work in his favor.
As these various thoughts drew through his mind - amongst others all racing to create a larger picture of what he was entering in - he was able to find an answer for her. “Booker Dewitt.” He said simply, nonchalantly. “Hunter. 38. Resides… oh, where was it now-?” Lin paused to determine the location, Dewitt moved often now that shit had hit the fan. “I believe its Maine, now.” Lin shuddered. He hated Maine.
Pointing a finger at the witch, his expression turned serious. “The hunter is under my protection, but I know your lot will like him hence my suggesting he come with. I have no way of telling what on Earth you’d do to me after I help you all save the world, you might kill me and while I don’t exactly blame you, I’m rather fond of being alive.”
Fear - or perhaps - caution was very important to have. Without it he would have been long dead. Lin wasn’t a fantastic crossroads demon, this should have already been made clear. Being more selfish than what was safe to be he really had to watch his back - for hunters, witches and those of his own kind. In retrospect, breaking rules was not a good idea. But considering the potential allies at hand… if he was nice to them they’d be nice to him. It wasn’t a total loss - not ideal, but not terrible either.
He leaned back, relaxation again melting into his posture now that his point had been made. “That being said, Piper, he’s a clever man. Quick to shoot, not so quick to think, but he’s a fantastic ally. Better than some demon friend that I may suggest if I get to annoyed with all of this.”
He kept out the fact that he had no demon friends as that was irrelevant.
Hate was probably a strong word for what she felt toward the demon, actual hatred was reserved for a select few, though that didn’t mean she liked him by any means. Though in spite of her current rather, distasteful, feelings toward him she was enjoying their little chat. A battle of wills as it were, though a childish one at several points.
Still the smirk on her face soured a bit, a certain Hunter aside, the Witch really did not care for humans. Understandable considering her past, and though her rather volatile feeling about humans had calmed somewhat as time wore on, she doubted she would ever see most as worth anything. But as her earlier point of, beggars can’t be choosers when it comes to allies, still stood she would have to get over it.
“A hunter under your protection hmm?” The witch’s voice held a note of disgust, as she continued under her breath, almost to herself, “Demons protecting hunters, what is this world coming to?”
At the mention of killing him though she actually let out a short derisive laugh.
“While I can’t speak for the rest of them, I have no intention of killing you, whether you bring along your little hunter or not.” She smirked her tone making it hard to tell if she was being serious as she continued, “I see very little way your death would benefit me.”
Make no mistake, if the scales ever tipped that way, and made it worthwhile…well he better just hope against that hadn’t he?
“And what good is a dead opponent, really? A corpse can hardly appreciate the finer points of gloating, it just takes all the fun out of winning.” She picked up a spoon that lay not far from her now cold tea, stirring the cooled liquid absently. The metal made a slight tinkling sound when it bumped the porcelain.
“I much prefer my opponent to live with the knowledge that I won. It makes for a much sweeter victory.”
Finished with her little speech the Witch tilted her head slightly her chin resting in her free hand, considering the rest of his words. As if they needed another trigger happy idiot, but she supposed an ally was an ally, and here she thought she had already been scraping the bottom of the barrel already.
“If you think he would make a good ally, well I will have to trust your judgement won’t I?” Trust, that was a laugh, the witch didn’t trust anyone, not even close friends, but she saw no reason not to go along with Lin’s proposed addition.
Katherine was not the only individual that hated using the train system in Rapture. It was entirely unsettling… being in a train car and going through tunnels that could very well collapse at any moment and sweep you out into the ocean. The very thought sent a shiver down his spine, and the smoking jacket was instantly wrapped around his hulking frame a little tighter.
“No, no… I understand. This is not exactly my favourite place to be either. The people you meet are not what I would call… friendly,” his eyes began to wander along the car. This was definitely not the usual crowd of friendly families and couples that travelled through the Farmer’s Market or Fort Frolic. At least those folks had a sickening collection of smiles on their stupid mugs. These people… Miserable. Every single one of them. Katherine seemed to be the only one with a bit of a friendly demeanour about her.
Harrison, of course, was never to be considered part of the amicable crowd. Full stop.
“Maybe we’ll see each other again some time… In more favourable circumstances…”
When Harrison took a moment to look about the train so did she. It made her sad really, everyone looked miserable, something she rarely saw on her normal days. Of course she was not so displaced from the general public not to be aware of the fact that a good portion of the city had every right to be miserable. For all the shining places like the Fort, or the luxury apartments like those in which she stayed, she knew that there were places that were an outright misery to live in. Still she tried to keep a somewhat happy expression on her face, looking back at the Doctor as he spoke once more.
“I’m sure we will,” the singer said with an emphatic nod and a kind smile. The metro started to slow and she had to grip the bars to keep herself from falling from her chair at the sudden jerk. She really could not wait to be off the metal beast, no matter how much she was enjoying his company. As the train continued to slow she managed to regain her composure.
“If you’re ever about the Fort I sing at the Icarus Lounge sometimes. I don’t yet have a concrete schedule or I’d give you the times, but well if you’re ever in the area, it’s a much more favorable place for conversation after all.”
She cut off her words before her sentences could get any more awkward, and busied herself making sure she had her belongings as the train continued to slow to a stop. Thankful that she would soon be able to get off the damned train, and also feeling like she had failed at conversation.
❝— Oh…❞ Jess returned a sheepish smile,
feeling herself slightly overwhelmed if not
Katherine Piper may not have been Sander Cohen,
but Jess preferred the singer to that pompous
mustache any day. Mostly working in Olympus Heights,
she’d met plenty of famous people, and while scientists
engineers and big heads were abundant and swarmed
around her as she worked, she never quite found them
interesting. The general lack of imagination in regards
to art was a bit of a put off, even more as as so many
would put it down when they drank it in like honey come
their luxurious evenings.
Jess appreciated music a lot, even if her own vocal
prowess was about as good as that of an old, dying
❝I wake up to Cold, Cold Heart every mornin’❞, she said.
❝It’s my favorite.❞
"Really? You like my song that much?” Katherine asked bouncing a little bit on the balls of her feet, always excited to meet someone who enjoyed her music. It obviously wasn’t really a question she expected an answer to, just a statement.
Honestly no matter how many people praised her work some part of her never quite believed that she was really that good. A product of her upbringing really, something that would likely not change anytime soon. The singer seemed not to notice the other woman was slightly overwhelmed, returning her sheepish smile with one that was full of bright sincerity.
“Is there any particular reason that one is your favorite?” The small singer paused for a moment, seeming to remember her manners.
“I’m sorry where are my manners, here I am badgering you and I haven’t even asked your name yet.”